On January 20, 2009, a new President will take office and the new Congress will convene.
During the first 100 days of Congress, we want legislation to be passed creating policies that embrace domestic energy alternatives to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Between now and then, we need to build an army to ensure our voices will be heard by the next Administration and Congress.
Call to Action for the Month of August
- Please recruit 5 friends to join us at Push.PickensPlan.com. Get everyone you know signed up - friends, family, neighbors, business associates.
- During the August recess, many Members of Congress will be back in their home states and districts. If they are in your area at a public event or appearing on a call-in radio show, please ask them the following questions:
- Do you agree that we need to slash our foreign oil dependence by at least 30% within 10 years?
- Do you agree that we need to generate at least 20% of our electricity from domestic renewable sources by 2019?
- Do you agree that we need to have incentives in place to get these technologies installed and operational within 10 years?
- Do you agree that private enterprise should provide the investment and execute the deployment with government clearing the way?
- Do you agree with the Pickens Plan?
If you are able to speak with your Member of Congress, please leave a comment on this page to let us know what they said. And keep us updated on your recruitment efforts in the comments section, as well. Also, continue to check the Push homepage for more information and updates.
We will continue to be in touch, and look forward to hearing from you as well.
* Please keep comments focused on the August Call to Action. Off-topic comments will be removed. If you'd like to discuss other parts of the Pickens Plan, please visit the discussion forum.
Use these links to find your local Members of Congress: