T. Boone needs your help! As you saw from T. Boone's email last Friday, the stimulus package will be voted on this Wednesday in the House, and it includes wind energy elements that are in line with the Pickens Plan.
Here's what you can do:
1) Phone your Members of Congress
* To find the phone number of your Member of Congress, go to the House of Representatives website
and enter the info when prompted. It will give you complete contact info, including the phone number (even though it says "Write Your Representative")
Here are some helpful talking points:
Urge them to tell House Leadership that their constituents support the wind energy elements included in the Stimulus Bill which will build upon 2008's successes in the wind energy sector:
o Extension of the Production Tax Credit
o Implementation of a renewable infrastructure loan program
• We hope they're willing to doing more on the natural gas side and provide the incentives that will greatly expand the use of domestic natural gas as a vehicle fuel in America. Expanded use of Natural Gas Vehicles (NGVs) will help wean us off of foreign oil and create new American jobs. These incentives include,
o Increasing the vehicle tax credit to make natural gas trucks more accessible for heavy and medium duty truck operators
o Extending the fuel tax credit
• The Pickens Plan works best as a whole plan—wind and natural gas—and we hope Members of Congress will support that. The Stimulus Bill is a strong start but there's more we can—and should—do.
2) When you've made your call, please post a response to this discussion so I can keep track of how many calls have been made for each district!
Thanks for your help in supporting the Pickens Plan!