Army It's Go Time!
The time is now to mobilize and see what the Army can do. On Wednesday the Stimulus Bill will be voted on. There are some elements favorable to the Pickens Plan but we want them to do more.
Please call your members of Congress in Washington. There are two specific points we want to get across.
• Tell House Leadership that their constituents support the wind energy elements included in the Stimulus Bill which will build upon 2008's successes in the wind energy sector:
• Extension of the Production Tax Credit
• Implementation of a renewable infrastructure loan program
• We hope they're willing to doing more on the natural gas side and provide the incentives that will greatly expand the use of domestic natural gas as a vehicle fuel in America. Expanded use of NGVs will help wean us off of foreign oil and create new American jobs. These incentives include,
• Increasing the vehicle tax credit to make natural gas trucks more accessible for heavy and medium duty truck operators
• Extending the fuel tax credit
We need to let our leaders know that The Pickens Plan works best as a whole plan—wind, solar and natural gas—and we hope Members of Congress will support that. The Stimulus Bill is a strong start but there's more we can—and should—do.
Please call your leaders in Washington and also ask your friends/co-workers/family to make those calls as well.
I want to know how many and who is generating calls--10 energy points are awarded for each call generated by a supporter, so you need to keep track of your efforts and report them to me or to your District Leader Joel.
One fun thing to do might be to gather together and make some calls. If you do gather together make sure to take some photos so we can show you off!
Here are their numbers:
Sen Reid:(202) 224-3542
Sen. Ensign: (202) 224-6244
Congresswoman Berkley: (202) 225-5965