With the first anniversary of the Pickens Plan 4 days ago, there is an opportunity to renew our efforts. I need help writing letters to editors in local newspapers and contacting legislators. I need someone in every jurisdiction to help. Please let me know if you can help and what you do/can do. arbregen at gmail dot com.
thanks Ben. District Leaders are the key organizers in their region and represent the Pickens Plan to local groups and leaders. it wouldnt take that much time if you had a core group of several other supporters who would help you carry the load. let me know what you think. thanks.
Welcome and THANK YOU for joining the Pickens Plan. I just wanted to let you know that a real person out here appreciates you taking that first step.
After you've had a chance to settle in, please let me know if there's anything I can do to guide your path. The basic first steps are reviewing the current topics in the Forum, and when you are comfortable, letting others know about the website. The people here are interested in making the plan a success and those you invite should be able to see for themselves that this is the right place to be.
Here are further steps you might consider.
- Visit the My Energy page and get involved.
- Work your contacts to increase press coverage.
- Write to congressional representatives directly.
- Use Pickens Action buttons or call (202)225-3121.
- Speak out for ending our dependence on foreign oil.
- Write letters to the editor of your local paper.
- Download flyers/etc from here or here.
- Download the Petition and ask others to sign it.
- Start a company to build wind turbines/solar panels.
- Start a financing firm to invest in those companies.
- Tell everyone you know about PickensPlan.com.
Decide for yourself what you can do, but definitely do something.