Are you interested in becoming an organizer in your area?
Tell us about your experience with alternative energy:
I am very interested on spreading the word. I do video editing and advertising in general. Here in FL we could adopt the plant the same way, except we could start pushing Solar power for every house in the state. maybe even some sort of thermoelectric energy from the ocean. I'm completely in favor of alternative energy, I hope that car companies start pushing electric cars, and more efficient electric batteries. Ethanol could be a similar stepping stone, like natural gas.
What excites you about this campaign?
Everything. This is fantastic. America has to start the alternative energy revolution, and be and example for the rest of the world. I've learn so much from this campaign, the fact that we have such a unique position in the world for wind farms, and solar I would say, at least in the west, makes me so exited. I truly hope this becomes a reality.
What do you want to do to help?
I want to advertise this campaign as much as possible. Create videos, take pictures, spread the word. Maybe create some viral marketing. And one day, who knows maybe even own at least one of those wind power generators, they are so incredible. And much more safe, and pretty than a oil well Pump jack.
Comment Wall (10 comments)
You need to be a member of PickensPlan to add comments!
Hello all! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Captain Ron. Jeff Green (our state leader) has asked me to help with Florida's District 12 (East Tampa, Brandon, East Plant City, Lakeland, Bartow and Winter Haven).
On your district FL-12 discussion page is a "How to sign up at Pickens Plan" Visual aid. The document steps every new recruit through sign up and joining the district. This is the most critical step in the recruitment process as we need to be able to count and contact them. After all, our efforts are for not if we are unable to attract and retain those recruits support for our campaign.
I am hoping to see this district grow and it all starts with YOU. Send this document to every 12th District friend on your email list and then follow up later that week to see if they followed through. You'll be surprised at how many of your friends are wanting to assist in your getting the membership up. Remember, this is not just a membership drive...its about national security and hopefully, down the road, productive work for all. Our job, from time to time, will be to contact our representantives to demand they support key legislation that will allow our country to become more energy self sufficient.
We here at Pickens Plan are volunteers but we appreciate every step you contribute to our greater good.
I know that we are friends, and you get email updates from me, however, I think this is so important, I am reaching out one at a time.
I AM CREATING A "100CLUB"... members that have faxed in 100 or more signed pledges. So many thousands of people signed onto this site and said they would do anything or everything to help. Here is your chance!
We have the mechanism to build our numbers, we need to use it. It is the easiest ask- Boone has done the hard work. All we need to do is hitch our wagon to his horse and plow to the finish. I have sent in 240 so far.
It comes down to.... DO WE HAVE THE FORTITUDE to really go the distance on this? . I hope so. We aren't asking folks to take up arms. But this IS OUR REVOLUTION. And we have a very small window to get it done. I would like your help.
Glad you are here. Are you able to help us fight for this? Are you in?
Just 10 a day for 10 days! For our energy future, isn't it worth it?
Welcome and THANK YOU for joining Pickens Plan with the rest of us. We are glad you are here and we need your help.
You will have lots of fun on this site, meet a lot of people and learn more than you ever imagined. Start by joining some groups.
Be sure to check out my friends, as they are so smart, creative, educated, talented, hardworking, wholesome, friendly, helpful and very passionate.
Please remember why we are here, as we must help get our numbers up at a faster much pace.
Have a Green day,
p.s. If you would like you can add me as one of your friends so that we may keep in touch and share ideas and information. Click the button (hyperlink) below your profile photo on your page + Add as friend.
This IS fantastic isn't it? Sounds like you can really have a strong impact.
Welcome and THANK YOU for joining Pickens Plan. We need your help.
There is a perfect storm of events happening right now that create the possibility of a paradigm shift that is urgently needed. We have an angry citizenry due to pain at the pump, a presidential election on the horizon, and a man with a plan to dramatically and imminently reduce our dependance on foreign oil, and provide a bridge to future American solutions, who has the resources, contacts, knowledge, wealth and "will" to get it done.
Please share this plan with your circle of friends, family and associates. Urge them to JOIN. As you know, it is simply like signing a petition. With large numbers of supporters, we can put pressure to bear on Congress to incentivize alternative and renewable energies, and insure that our future president will be a leader that will push for domestic energy solutions. JFK once said. "in the next 10 years we will put a man on the moon". He got it done. We need that kind of leadership on energy.
Time is of the essence. If gas prices retreat the public will forget the pain, and our moment may be lost. How frightening to be looking back and apologizing to our children that we could not get this done when we had the chance.
For more information:
Check out an informative video "Topeka, Kansas Town Hall Meeting": http://www.pickensplan.com/news/2008/08/04/video-of-the-topeka-town-hall
Please friend me if you like.
If you know someone in the press- get them to cover this.
If you know someone who blogs- get them to cover this.
If you can write to a Congressman/woman- get them to understand this. You can call them at (202)225-3121. Ask them if they support 100% clean electricity in the next 10 years.
If you know someone who is in the public eye- ask them to support this.
If you can write a letter to the editor of your local paper- please do.
If you want to print downloadable flyers and put them in your car and/or business window- please do.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TODAY to ask 5 people to join this historical effort.
We get 45 million to vote for American Idol, why can't we get 10 million to join Pickens Plan?!
Key Policy Recommendations for a Cleaner, Greener Energy Future
* Provide multiyear tax incentives for renewable-energy production and energy-efficiency projects.
* Set national mandates that would require utilities to get at least 20 percent of their electricity from wind, solar and geothermal energy by 2020.
* Add and updating the building code to require energy-efficiency measures in the construction of new buildings and the renovation of existing buildings, and setting a goal to reduce buildings' energy use 50 percent by 2030.
* Set prices for carbon-dioxide emissions and creating a program that caps emissions from different industries and allowing companies to trade emissions allowances.
* Upgrade and expanding the nation's electric grid to enable it to support electric cars and the transport and storage of renewable energy.
* Provide incentives for utilities to invest in energy-efficiency technologies.
* Increase the fuel efficiency of cars and trucks and investing more money in private-public partnerships that would develop transportation systems that rely on little or no oil, such as electric cars.
* Provide incentives to consumers and small businesses to buy plug-in hybrid cars and alternative fuels, including natural-gas-powered cars.
* Invest more federal dollars in cleantech research and development, including ways to capture and store carbon-dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants.
* Speed up the process of setting aside public lands and improving the permitting process for renewable-electricity projects on public lands.
* Shift from ethanol made from corn to ethanol made from wood chips, agricultural waste and other nonfood feedstock, and encouraging a joint U.S.-Brazil partnership to turn sugar cane into ethanol in the Caribbean.