This is the moment we have been waiting for. Legislation is on the table...
Here is a note from Judy DePalma, our New England organizer, from Boone's team: "You may have seen Boone’s email to the Army about the stimulus package. The package includes wind energy elements and we want to generate activity around this email before Congress votes on the package on WEDNESDAY. This is what we’ve been waiting for. It’s time for the rubber to hit the road and take action to let Congress know we are serious about wind energy and the stimulus package.
We want to generate this activity through phone calls to members of Congress. (phone numbers at the bottom of this message)
This is the first big phase of action in making the Pickens Plan become reality. We have been building the Army for months in anticipation. Now is the time for us to be heard.
Thanks again, everyone. I look forward seeing your results! Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.Judy
- Urge them to tell House Leadership that their constituents support the wind energy elements included in the Stimulus Bill which will build upon 2008's successes in the wind energy sector:
- Extension of the Production Tax Credit
- Implementation of a renewable infrastructure loan program
- We hope they're willing to doing more on the natural gas side and provide the INCENTIVES that will greatly expand the use of domestic natural gas as a vehicle fuel in America. Expanded use of NGVs (natural gas vehicles) will help wean us off of foreign oil and create new American jobs.
These incentives include:
- Increasing the vehicle tax credit to make natural gas trucks more accessible for heavy and medium duty truck operators
- Extending the fuel tax credit
The Pickens Plan works best as a whole plan - wind and natural gas - and we hope Members of Congress will support that.
The Stimulus Bill is a strong start but there's more we can - and should - do.
IT IS URGENT TO GENERATE AS MANY CALLS TO OUR DC REPRESENTATIVES AS WE POSSIBLY CAN.
Kennedy, Patrick J. RI 1st 202-225-4911
Langevin, James R. RI 2nd 202-225-2735
This is what we have been waiting for - LEGISLATION that can make a difference!
PLEASE let me know if you are able to make a call.... OR join RI-01 or RI-02 and post it there. Boone's team is tring to gauge what kind of pressure we are able to apply- we need to hear from you! LET's ROLL.
I am hosting a RI renewables Meet Up, Thursday morning fo a one hour coffee strategy session, at 8am, in Providence. Can you join us?
In the meantime, would you please download 10 pledges, get them signed and fax them to the 888# on the bottom of the pledge. It is an easy ask - Boone has done the hard work. We have over 500 RI members. 10 pledges each gets us 5,000 more RI'ers. I look forward to working with you.
Our RI forefathers were the ones who held up the process and demanded democracy hundreds of years ago. We have a long history of being the leaders on important issues. WE CAN DO THIS!
I look forward to hearing from you.
RI Renewable Member,
RI may be small in size, but certainly not ability.
IF you are interseted, JOIN the RI renewables group - I will update with a location!
Glad to have you here. Thank you for lending your support. You are one of only 500 RI'ers on this site. I have been here for a few months and founded the welcome wagon that greets all new members.
I am a lifelong Rhode Islander, and am working with the Pickens Plan folks to help with the "Pickens U" - college campaign. DO YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE IN RHODE ISLAND AT ONE OF THE COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES HERE, that would be willing to get involved with supporting the Pickens Plan. The younger generation has a huge stake in getting us off foreign oil and onto American alternative and renewable energy sources! Now more than ever most folks realize the urgency of keeping that 700 billion a year here in our economy.
We have direct support from the top. This would be outstanding on a resume and be very fulfilling work for the right person.
Best Personal Regards
OTHER PERSONAL ACTIONS
1. Hit the red "CONTACT CONGREE" button on the top to THE PLEDGE page to automatically send an email to your legislators in Washington and Governor Carcieri. This pressure is having an effect - 18 in Congress have already signed the pledge- none in RI yet.
2. Please bring 5 other people to the pickens plan site to JOIN us.
3. Consider collecting signed pledges (like a petition). Check out my page for information of the 100 pledge challenge! I have faxed in 300+ signed pledges already, it is a very easy ask- Boone has done the hard work already! ARE YOU IN?
4. Please join the Renewable RI group so we can get together as a group if needed.