Make the Pickens Plan movement louder. Add your voice, contact your representatives. Pickens Plan has made it easy. Click “Take Action” right up there next to “My Page” and you will be directed to a page that almost does it for you. Thank you!!
I'm interested in gathering Kansas city folks and uniting them to promote compressed Natural gas for NGV's cars and trucks and into a meet up group as well. We cant wait for State or Federal government to act in our best interest. Local people and their interests MUST rise above the apathy in America today. We have a GM plant in kansas city, it's time we put them to the test for the betterment of Kansas and Missouri citizen's. please join me in uniting all of kansas city.
Thanks for joining the Pickens Plan community. We need You!
I just wanted to share a few ideas with you. Please let me know what you think.
Key Policy Recommendations for a Cleaner, Greener Energy Future
* Provide multiyear tax incentives for renewable-energy production and energy-efficiency projects.
* Set national mandates that would require utilities to get at least 20 percent of their electricity from wind, solar and geothermal energy by 2020.
* Add and updating the building code to require energy-efficiency measures in the construction of new buildings and the renovation of existing buildings, and setting a goal to reduce buildings' energy use 50 percent by 2030.
* Set prices for carbon-dioxide emissions and creating a program that caps emissions from different industries and allowing companies to trade emissions allowances.
* Upgrade and expanding the nation's electric grid to enable it to support electric cars and the transport and storage of renewable energy.
* Provide incentives for utilities to invest in energy-efficiency technologies.
* Increase the fuel efficiency of cars and trucks and investing more money in private-public partnerships that would develop transportation systems that rely on little or no oil, such as electric cars.
* Provide incentives to consumers and small businesses to buy plug-in hybrid cars and alternative fuels, including natural-gas-powered cars.
* Invest more federal dollars in cleantech research and development, including ways to capture and store carbon-dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants.
* Speed up the process of setting aside public lands and improving the permitting process for renewable-electricity projects on public lands.
* Shift from ethanol made from corn to ethanol made from wood chips, agricultural waste and other nonfood feedstock, and encouraging a joint U.S.-Brazil partnership to turn sugar cane into ethanol in the Caribbean.
Hello, My name is Linda C. I hope you enjoy your experience on PickensPlan.com. Check the Daily Pickens for updates and the events to see if something is happening near you. If I can help you in anyway or answer questions, just ask. New friends are welcome.