Happy New Year Steve,
Last year I helped so many members of Pickens Plan learn about personal home energy plans. It's all about conservation of power, and home power generation, things I have been doing at my residence to lower my electricity costs. Send me a friend request a to add me Steve, I'd be honored to have you as a friend here.
BTW, Texas: I just posted an article link on my pickens page about Home Wind Systems in Texas. Your state's representatives, governor, and public utility commission officials are not in your corner with this "weak policy" on Net Metering. Instead they have the tables turned against green power for businesses and homeowners. Texas has created multiple sets of rules for loopholes and you have less rights than people in other states. You should read that article, important.
Welcome and THANK YOU for joining the Pickens Plan. I just wanted to let you know that a real person out here appreciates you taking that first step.
After you've had a chance to settle in, please let me know if there's anything I can do to guide your path. The basic first steps are reviewing the current topics in the Forum, and when you are comfortable, letting others know about the website. The people here are interested in making the plan a success and those you invite should be able to see for themselves that this is the right place to be.
Here are further steps you might consider.
- Sign up to lead or help on the District page.
- Visit the My Energy page and get involved.
- Work your contacts to increase press coverage.
- Write to congressional representatives directly.
- Use Pickens Action buttons or call (202)225-3121.
- Speak out for ending our dependence on foreign oil.
- Write letters to the editor of your local paper.
- Download flyers/etc from here or here.
- Download the Petition and ask others to sign it.
- Start a company to build wind turbines/solar panels.
- Start a financing firm to invest in those companies.
- Tell everyone you know about PickensPlan.com.
Decide for yourself what you can do, but definitely do something.
Welcome once again, Happy Holidays and thanks for signing up.