I know a lot of people who are interested in alternative energy. Maryland has an excelent CNG infrastructure maintained by BGE, but they no longer use trucks powered by CNG and are talking about closing the filling stations like Washington Gas closed over 20 stations in DC and Virginia. We need to reverse this and get more people to convert trucks and vans. CNG in Maryland is the best kept secret that even the media won't talk about it when approached.
Welcome and THANK YOU for joining the Pickens Plan. I just wanted to let you know that a real person out here appreciates you taking that first step.
After you've had a chance to settle in, please let me know if there's anything I can do to guide your path. The basic first steps are reviewing the current topics in the Forum, and when you are comfortable, letting others know about the website. The people here are interested in making the plan a success and those you invite should be able to see for themselves that this is the right place to be.
Here are further steps you might consider.
- Sign up to lead or help on the District page.
- Visit the My Energy page and get involved.
- Work your contacts to increase press coverage.
- Write to congressional representatives directly.
- Use Pickens Action buttons or call (202)225-3121.
- Speak out for ending our dependence on foreign oil.
- Write letters to the editor of your local paper.
- Download flyers/etc from here or here.
- Download the Petition and ask others to sign it.
- Start a company to build wind turbines/solar panels.
- Start a financing firm to invest in those companies.
- Tell everyone you know about PickensPlan.com.
Decide for yourself what you can do, but definitely do something.
Welcome once again, Happy Holidays and thanks for signing up.